Announcement

Collapse

Batch 4 Released - December 29 2015

New batch has been released today and we will follow that up with a New Wallet Address that will show Wholesale orders, some time after the New Year....
See more
See less

How to Find Wallet Address and Back up Wallet

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Find Wallet Address and Back up Wallet

I downloaded Wallet version V 1.1.1 Is that my wallet address when I click on Receive Coins tab and it shows address? When I buy Rimbits I belive I will get an email asking for my address so Rimbits can be deposited it my wallet..
    Am I right?

Also where and how do I backup my wallet to a Thumb drive?
    Bob

Yes, and from the "Receive coins" tab you can create as many addresses as you like. Each one of these addresses belong to your wallet, and all can be used to receive RBT to your wallet.

Backup:

1. Open wallet
    2. Click on "File" in the upper left corner of the wallet
    3. Click on "Backup Wallet" from the dropdown menu
    4. Name the file whatever you like, and choose where to save the file on your PC

The file has been saved in the folder you selected. Now you safeguard that file like you would safeguard a wallet full of cash; if it's gone … it's gone.

PS. If you want to replace this backup with the wallet.dat currently running in your APPDATA folder, make sure you rename it to "wallet.dat" before replacing it.
    Click Here to Read the Forum Rules before Posting

Rimbit Social: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - | Rimbit Gaming: Twitch - Steam RTWKLUBFH13vFkCz3smCUbjmyR8iD3AhbG

Comment

How offened should a wallet be back up? When 1st downloaded and everytime Rimbits are added or subtracted?

Comment

• massappeal commented
        Editing a comment
        So how do I do it? Whenever there is a change in wallet I should do wallet.dat1 2 and so on and delete the previous or let the backup replace the old?
        I'm trying to do this right this time as I just lost Rimbits and don't want to do it again. Is there anywhere I can go with more detailed instructions.

I would say backup your wallet when ever the balance changes especially if it changes by a large amount.
      Hope I helped RVkZSHc4cQxUudqp3uPU5bTtwYs3dvAJsm

Comment

The wallet has what is known as a key pool. This is a reserve of addresses that are already in your wallet but not yet used. By default your key pool contains 100 keys. So your backup should be good for 100 transactions before a new backup is required.

Comment

Here is the link to the official how to thread, http://rimbit.com/forum/beginners/55...llet-important
          The last thing anyone wants, is to lose the Rimbit they worked to get. You can prevent loss by backing up your wallet and storing the backup in a secure location,
          RM6kf3k6d12nsTkV3B7amvsTUXcyFuFWaz

Comment

Translate

Collapse

Get your RimbitPi

Collapse

It's Up to You

Collapse

Rimbit Community Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 299   Posts: 911   Members: 109   Active Members: 89
          Welcome to our newest member, cheqsout.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 30 users online. 1 members and 29 guests.

Most users ever online was 267 at 05:21 AM on 12-16-2015.

Working...
          X