New forum and XP/ IE8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New forum and XP/ IE8

well then, well then I know Xp is out of support blah blah blah, but it does not work with the new forum at all well indeed it is pants! Cannot add a pic or do some other stuff at all.

I work in IT and there are a lot of people still out there on XP and old versions of IE too.

Not suggesting that the forum is made XP compatible but just so youre aware that some will not be able to contribute much, though i suspect most xp users would not be contributing at all.

Did you click the A at the right of the box to load the Editor?
    Please keep posts On Topic so others can find valuable information. We appreciate comments as long as they follow the line of conversation - Thank You

Comment

Yeh I did, it is just an old machine of mine that has the wallet on it that i fired up for old times sake. I need to move it all on to my usual pc.

Comment

Have you ever tried Linux Mint? I install it on old XP machines all of the time. I recommend it because it is light and the UI is fairly similar to Windows. My 92 year old Grandfather transitioned to Mint from Win 7 with no issues. Don't throw it out, re-purpose it Run your wallet on it. Maybe a file server. Zoneminder for cameras. There are 1001 uses for an old tower

Comment

Never used mint, but have used similar other linux versions, cheers!

Comment

Does linux mint require all those commands to make things happen?
            Please keep posts On Topic so others can find valuable information. We appreciate comments as long as they follow the line of conversation - Thank You

Comment

Mint is super user friendly. No terminal needed. Well 99% of people won't need to get into the terminal. Between the pre-installed software and then the software centre, everything you need just works.

Comment

im a ubuntu fan, used to like red hat. an ex-colleague was telling me about damn small - another version designed for older machine, very small footprint. not tried it yet so no idea how good, easy to use.
                Ubuntu is my usual winner for old machines/grannies - easy ui and quick to fire up.

will look into mint and damn small as well though

Comment

My personal computers all run Ubuntu. I was Fedora, but for work a couple of the security software I use are closed source and the linux client is only released in .deb... So back to Ubuntu I go.

I recomend Mint to new Linux users because the transition is very easy. All of the menus are in the right place...

Comment

Translate

Collapse

Rimbit Community Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 166   Posts: 420   Members: 72   Active Members: 72
                  Welcome to our newest member, RebeccaZ1.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 42 users online. 0 members and 42 guests.

Most users ever online was 180 at 06:04 AM on 12-06-2015.

Working...
                  X