Wikipedia Pages for Rimbit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wikipedia Pages for Rimbit

I was impressed by the recent article explaining Rimbit: http://rimbit.com/what.

I have also noticed there is no Wikipedia page for Rimbit. Can someone write a concise explanation and try to add Rimbit to this list of cryptocurrencies https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cryptocurrencies?

Also, someone could try to mention the minting method in the Cryptocurrency Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptocurrency

I am not familiar with how to add things to the Wikipedia website in a way that will make a permanent change, so I am hoping someone else can do these things. I guess I could do some research in my spare time and take care of this myself, but I would prefer to get more experienced people to start the process.
    RBT Tip jar RVZ5QF9qHcdiYcim4sJDL3V1w3G8hpAzxe

I had the same ideas the other day and thought that my english is not good enough to do this the right way. That's a good point because wikipedia is often in first place when we google something on the internet. When I find the time to learn how to add a page, I could do it in french though.
    If you like apple pie or if you don't, buy Rimbits! RGrYe69WGHZDLETFFmqovi8dkHxVjgSafW

Comment

I just found this wiki as well: http://coinwik.org/Main_Page

It looks like they claim "New coins welcomed." I guess it should be pretty easy to add Rimbit, but I am not confident in my own descriptive abilities at this point.

Comment

I have been talking about this on the forum for six months and have not had any luck with assistance. I have some rough content, but it needs a lot of work. Hopefully over the Christmas break I can get something posted.
        Everyone Rimbit now.
        Get an amazing piece of tech and get yourself a Rimbit Pi RCZjFCV7Ggemw2DHhiv6J9kHZaiXGpWQPD
        Try to keep your posts on Topic

Comment

• Cellule commented
          Editing a comment
          Never saw it in the old forum... ?

If someone writes an article about RIMBIT, please submit it to Cyberhippie first for review before posting it on WIKIPEDIA. We cannot afford to have wrong things in this article.

Comment

• CyberHippie commented
          Editing a comment
          The great thing about how the wikipedia works is that its meant to be edited by the community... I have edited some pages with regards to other subjects a few times... some have been approved, others havent....

• Cellule commented
          Editing a comment
          As CyberHippie says, there is no worry since the way Wikipedia works is making anyone able to do a contribution in the article.

I think I have compiled enough info to write a simple post. Maybe I should start a group, and see were we can get over the next few weeks.
        Everyone Rimbit now.
        Get an amazing piece of tech and get yourself a Rimbit Pi RCZjFCV7Ggemw2DHhiv6J9kHZaiXGpWQPD

Comment

• Hugues commented
          Editing a comment
          Good Idea to create a group. Maybe we could write all together. And at the end we put the good things together to make one goog article about Rimbit?

Originally posted by Cellule View Post
        Never saw it in the old forum... ?
        Before the last major update on that forum there was a chat about making a wiki for Rimbit. I tried to keep it going but it just died.
        Hope I helped RVkZSHc4cQxUudqp3uPU5bTtwYs3dvAJsm

Comment

Originally posted by Hugues View Post
          If someone writes an article about RIMBIT, please submit it to Cyberhippie first for review before posting it on WIKIPEDIA. We cannot afford to have wrong things in this article.
          I understand what you are saying. Another issue is that people will continue to edit the article after it gets posted. Some people will probably attempt to sabotage Rimbit using Wikipedia, so it might take a lot of time and effort to make sure the article stays accurate.

Comment

• twister commented
            Editing a comment
            I am pretty sure there are ways to make it so you can receive feedback but others can't edit.

When you try to edit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cryptocurrencies, it shows this message:

NOTE ON NEW CURRENCY ADDITIONS - If a cryptocurrency is not notable enough to have its own article on Wikipedia, do not include it in this table. If it has a recently created article and you're not sure it's notable (see [[WP:GNG]]), please ask in [[Talk:Cryptocurrency]]; most cryptocurrency articles are deleted after a week or two discussion process.

So creating a page seems to be the first step.
          Click Here to Read the Forum Rules before Posting

Rimbit Social: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - | Rimbit Gaming: Twitch - Steam RTWKLUBFH13vFkCz3smCUbjmyR8iD3AhbG

Comment

Who ever is interested in helping to write the Wikipedia join the Wikipedia group
            Everyone Rimbit now.

Comment

How do we join the group?
              If you like apple pie or if you don't, buy Rimbits! RGrYe69WGHZDLETFFmqovi8dkHxVjgSafW

Comment

• ByreStraits commented
                Editing a comment
                From the menu, or: http://rimbit.com/social-groups

• Cellule commented
                Editing a comment
                That, I figured it out, but when I'm there, I don't see any option to join. I see subscribe, see the post... But can't find join.

There should be a JOIN button and a SUBSCRIBE button.
              Click Here to Read the Forum Rules before Posting

Rimbit Social: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - | Rimbit Gaming: Twitch - Steam RTWKLUBFH13vFkCz3smCUbjmyR8iD3AhbG

Comment

There is no JOIN button...

Comment

Cellule your member request has been approved
                Everyone Rimbit now.

Comment

Translate

Collapse

Rimbit Community Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 143   Posts: 346   Members: 67   Active Members: 67
                Welcome to our newest member, HumanResources.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 37 users online. 1 members and 36 guests.

Most users ever online was 180 at 06:04 AM on 12-06-2015.

Working...
                X