Combining Wallets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combining Wallets

I have the RimbitPi on order and am very much looking forward to it. I have a colleague also interested, though they are waiting to see what it is like before taking the plunge.

​Anyway, I already have a wallet on my windows PC - am I right in thinking that if I move Rimbits from one wallet to the other, I lose some in the transaction?
    RM6kf3k6d12nsTkV3B7amvsTUXcyFuFWaz

You will lose a negligible amount... about 0.001RBT for each transaction unless a huge amount when it might be up to 0.05 per transaction
    The Gold Standard for cryptos. RHo1MarqX6Ag4iXHUhdjhzswQfsM2qk8Ar

Comment

If you do a backup and restore of your wallet.dat you will not have to pay the transaction fee and more importantly, you do not loose any coin age.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorGuy View Post
        If you do a backup and restore of your wallet.dat you will not have to pay the transaction fee and more importantly, you do not loose any coin age.
        Good idea. But as a novice Pi user, I might just send them over for me personally when I get my Pi.
        The Gold Standard for cryptos. RHo1MarqX6Ag4iXHUhdjhzswQfsM2qk8Ar

Comment

I have included Webmin with my Pi image.

Webmin is a web interface for Linux servers that gives you access to just about every setting you could want. As well it gives you full access to the file system in a familiar layout. This will make backing up and restoring the wallet a very simple process.

Comment

I am confident that I could do the restore wallet.dat on a Pi from the Windows wallet, but if I have Rimbits in my both the wallets the only way to combine is to take the hit of .001

​The "hit" is not a problem, I was just making sure I have no other free option for when the Pi gets here.
            RM6kf3k6d12nsTkV3B7amvsTUXcyFuFWaz

Comment

• Fireguy71 commented
              Editing a comment
              I would take the largest wallet and restore the largest wallet in the Pi and then transfer the other wallet to it.

Translate

Collapse

Rimbit Community Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 85   Posts: 257   Members: 61   Active Members: 61
          Welcome to our newest member, pazy.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 59 users online. 1 members and 58 guests.

Most users ever online was 180 at 06:04 AM on 12-06-2015.

Working...
          X