Announcement

Collapse

Batch 4 Released - December 29 2015

New batch has been released today and we will follow that up with a New Wallet Address that will show Wholesale orders, some time after the New Year....
See more
See less

Raspberry Pi Zero Projects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi Zero Projects

A new Raspberry Pi just came out
    Now for $5 you could get your Rimbit wallet to run 24/7 using very little power.
    I spent more than that on a coffee.

What cool projects will the members build?
    Everyone Rimbit now.
    Get an amazing piece of tech and get yourself a Rimbit Pi RCZjFCV7Ggemw2DHhiv6J9kHZaiXGpWQPD
    Try to keep your posts on Topic

How does the Zero affect the RimbitPi project … or does it?
    Click Here to Read the Forum Rules before Posting

Rimbit Social: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - | Rimbit Gaming: Twitch - Steam RTWKLUBFH13vFkCz3smCUbjmyR8iD3AhbG

Comment

I see this as a benefit for those who said the Pi2 was too expensive. $5 for a computer is as cheap as it can get.
      With the tiny form factor it will be easier to attach it directly to a monitor, keeping the project nice and clean.
      Perhaps some others can come up with more benefits.​

The small form should make for some interesting Pi projects.
      Everyone Rimbit now.
      Get an amazing piece of tech and get yourself a Rimbit Pi RCZjFCV7Ggemw2DHhiv6J9kHZaiXGpWQPD
      Try to keep your posts on Topic

Comment

The Pi zero would be difficult to use for the PiWallet.

It is using the same CPU and 512 mb of ram as the first Pi. It also lacks a couple of key components by default. The most important being the NIC. With no on board LAN you will have to use a USB Wifi or Ethernet adaptor.

The Pi zero does not have a standard sized usb port, so you would have to get an OTG adapter and then your USB network adaptor. You will also have to manually solder the GPIO header your self if you wanted to add the screen or LEDs. You may be able to get all of these parts for slightly less than $35, but for me having all of the key components contained on one board is worth a buck or 2 The Pi zero is a great little piece of hardware, just not for the Pi wallet.

Comment

I'm glad it isn't a cheaper, better competitor thus rendering your efforts worthless .
          Click Here to Read the Forum Rules before Posting

Rimbit Social: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - | Rimbit Gaming: Twitch - Steam RTWKLUBFH13vFkCz3smCUbjmyR8iD3AhbG

Comment

There is no reason that you could not use the Pi zero as a Rimbit wallet. JCTs install script will work just fine. But my PiWallets will continue to be the Pi2.

Comment

• CyberHippie commented
              Editing a comment
              There will also be the future development to consider as well... and I am not sure if the ZERO can be efficient in more tasks...

Translate

Collapse

Get your RimbitPi

Collapse

It's Up to You

Collapse

Rimbit Community Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 315   Posts: 996   Members: 113   Active Members: 87
          Welcome to our newest member, pandroso.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 33 users online. 2 members and 31 guests.

Most users ever online was 267 at 05:21 AM on 12-16-2015.

Working...
          X