Announcement

Collapse

Batch 4 Released - December 29 2015

New batch has been released today and we will follow that up with a New Wallet Address that will show Wholesale orders, some time after the New Year....
See more
See less

Rimbit full Nodes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rimbit full Nodes

Yesterday I was reading about blockchain running full nodes on a Pi.

I recall discussion of expenses for purchasing full nodes for Rimbit blockchain.

Could we develop a similar Raspberry Rimbit blockchain full node.
    I can be loaded with the Rimbit wallet-qt running.
    It sounds like the Pi has the power and the connection speed is well below its threshold.

This would provide another layer of stability those willing to run a full node on the Pi could receive a form of incentives for running it?

Should the system require full nodes, would this be a worthwhile project?
    Everyone Rimbit now.
    Get an amazing piece of tech and get yourself a Rimbit Pi RCZjFCV7Ggemw2DHhiv6J9kHZaiXGpWQPD
    Try to keep your posts on Topic

We do manage a number of servers that act as full nodes. The Pi Wallet is great for strengthening the network, but most residential internet has relatively slow upload speed. If we only ran the Rimbit network on Pi at peoples homes and offices, the network would be dreadfully slow. For this reason I have created these full nodes running in data centres around the world. As the network grows, it will actually be necessary to add more of those servers to ensure speed to the entire network.

Comment

From what I have read, the bottle neck appears to be poor SD cards, this can be overcome with a ssd , the residential internet speeds does not seem to be a huge issue.
      Everyone Rimbit now.
      Get an amazing piece of tech and get yourself a Rimbit Pi RCZjFCV7Ggemw2DHhiv6J9kHZaiXGpWQPD
      Try to keep your posts on Topic

Comment

Translate

Collapse

Get your RimbitPi

Collapse

It's Up to You

Collapse

Rimbit Community Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 315   Posts: 996   Members: 113   Active Members: 87
    Welcome to our newest member, pandroso.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 2 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 267 at 05:21 AM on 12-16-2015.

Working...
    X